Thursday 27 November 2008

Shakespeare Country



"To hear good counsel - Oh what learning is!" Romeo & Juliet

I confess to a tincture of envy. My colleague, our inestimable locum solicitor, has been living it up in the land of the Bard this week with the rest of the pink ribboned brigade. Two nights in the Stratford on Avon Holiday Inn can do wonders for a jaded official. I hope he remembered to pack his speedos. This very day I confidently expect he will be knocking his legal colleagues into a cocked hat with expert illuminations at the teatime workshop, which is catchily entitled: "TUPE, Secondment, Two-Tier and Pension issues arising in Strategic Partnership/Outsourcing contracts". £380 of public money well spent if you ask me, even if the hotel bills are extra. What Meic doesn't know about the law isn't worth knowing. And here in Somerset we have a rich crop of barely visible small print with which to tie each other in knots.

No comments: