Tuesday 21 July 2009

Business as usual

During these past months I have often felt that we were all living through some strange piece of theatre. It has been a roller-coaster for me with many ups to compensate for the inevitable downs. One of my proudest moments lately was to give important evidence in the case against former Councillor Buchanan. I am happy to say that I managed to allow my memory to evade me when I was cross examined about interviews I once gave to the Standards Board. I told the Adjudication Panel that I simply couldn't remember a conversation in the back of the bus (see page 7 - the crossed out bits). I must say it took all my energy not to look nervous, but those tips Alan gave me worked. So now that my very real friend and mentor has departed I have pledged to keep his flag flying and aspire to the job that he undertook with such vigour and fortitude. I know that when the new Leadership thoroughly examine my credentials they will realise my potential. I am well travelled at other people's expense. Alan has promised to keep me briefed and we can all communicate with him via his recently established website. The fight must go on.

No comments: