Monday 21 July 2008

CAN YOU TRUST ME?


I am priveleged to be a member of this Chartered Institute. My work in Local Government has always been at the cutting edge of finance and I am a firm believer in handling public money well. Thus I have been saddened at a whispering campaign against me from colleagues at SCC. A tiny handful believe I have erred in accepting the role of Corporate Director of Resouces for Somerset whilst maintaining my duties as the County's Section 151 Officer under the terms of the Localn Government Act. In order to clear any misunderstandings I have now decided to let CIPFA decide. To this end I am sending all relevant documents to those responsible for conduct among members. I will, of course, also be publishing the data here. Please regard this as an open and honest approach.

No comments: