Monday 21 July 2008

THE STANDARDS BOARD AND ME


I have given a great deal of evidence to the Standards Board in connection with allegations made about one Somerset County Councillor. I was interviewed for several hours and the proceedings were transcribed. The transcript I am now beginning to publish contains a variety of information hitherto outside the public gaze. I think it is important to ensure that these matters are not the subject of ill-considered misinterpretation. To aid clarity and to place these matters in the open is now my avowed intent. This particular document shows the real tensions that existed inside the inner sanctum of the County Council. It is important that the public should make informed judgements about these matters. Over the coming days more will appear.

No comments: